Head of Finance Operations
Head of Finance Operations
PolyMAT is a small and ambitious MAT with a unique family feel that is seeking a dedicated Head of Finance Operations.
Our vision is ‘Success for Everyone’ and the successful candidate will help deliver this for our schools. We currently have three schools in our Trust: Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a long-successful boys’ school, Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls that opened in 2019, and Bannockburn Primary School, a large successful primary that joined the Trust on 1st November 2023. We also have our flourishing Sixth Form provision which is co-educational and planned to nearly double in size over the next 2 years.
The successful candidate will be report to the CFO and manage the Trusts central finance team responsible for providing financial and accounting services across the Trust as well as supporting the CFO in the strategic development of the Trust. Applicants should have a suitable finance qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA etc.) and experience in academy finances is desired but not essential, more important are strong accountancy skills, a critical mind and positive leadership qualities.
Specifically, we are looking for an individual that can:
- Manage the central finance team in delivering day to day financial operations including purchase ledger, sales ledger, cash management and payroll.
- Provide support and guidance to Business Managers throughout the Trust and put in place systems and processes to ensure consistency and compliance to the financial handbook.
- Prepare monthly management accounts using the Trusts budget forecasting system and present financial information to all levels of management.
- Oversee the closure and reconciliation of the accounts and assist the CFO in the preparation of the Statement of Accounts and supporting audit papers.
- Assist the CFO in completing all returns to the ESFA including the Academy Accounts return and Budget Forecast Return.
- Assist the CFO in preparing the short and long term budget plans utilising curriculum lead financial planning.
PolyMAT is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and providing opportunities for people with disabilities. We are an inclusive Trust who strives to provide an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued. We aspire to ensure that every member of our community, regardless of circumstances or background, have the opportunity to be the best version of themselves through our vision of ‘Success for Everyone’.
For any potential applicants, we would like to encourage you to inform us of any additional support or adjustments you may need throughout the recruitment process. We have an open approach to support for candidates with disabilities and recognise that reasonable adjustments may be required based on each individuals needs.
Sharing your needs with us ahead of interview, allows us to fully support and ensure you are not disadvantaged during the process. We welcome candidates contacting us at any point should you feel uncomfortable declaring a disability, to reassure you that we are here to support. So, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this is the case.