Joining Us and Our Schools
- Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys (8 Form Entry, 11-19 with mixed Sixth Form)
- Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls (8 Form Entry, 11-16)
Benefits of joining the PolyMAT family
- be part of a trust that is inclusive, diverse and proud to serve its local community
- support from like-minded professionals
- sharing best practice
- economic benefits, such as centralised services
- the ability to focus funds where they are most needed
- increased and flexible staffing resources
- the opportunity to establish succession planning programmes and, in doing so, retain good staff who might otherwise move on – including headteachers.
- high-quality staff development
- enrichment opportunities for students
- shared school facilities
- greater community involvement
- a strong focus on teaching and learning
- a strong focus on data and pupil attainment
- more effective governance.
PolyMAT is intended to be a ‘lean’ organisation which allows its members to benefit from shared services and facilities. The principle behind funding is to provide value-for-money, economies of scale and effective financial stability within each member school.
As well as the collaboration between schools that are members of PolyMAT, contacts with other schools outside the MAT are encouraged, be they maintained schools, stand-alone academies or members of other MATs.
PolyMAT has the highest expectations of all schools and believes that outstanding outcomes can be achieved by all, irrespective of context. We expect all schools within PolyMAT always to drive to raise standards and achieve excellence but, more than anything, we expect every individual with our organisation to be treated kindly, fairly and be given opportunities to grow and succeed. PolyMAT aspires to bring out the best in its talented education professionals to provide an environment that seeks continually to improve the quality of teaching and learning for the benefit of students within its schools.